[members] Call for nominations for board of directors

Allison Randal allison at parrot.org
Thu Aug 13 16:44:30 UTC 2009

Allison Randal wrote:

> (It's a tough choice, since we have so many skilled and qualified
> developers outside the US. I'm nominating him because he volunteered.
> That's a key qualification for a position that's more about pushing
> boring paperwork than anything else.)

Apologies if that didn't come out quite right. I believe every one of
you has what it takes to be a board member (and very likely will be, at
some point as we rotate through). People sometimes get a lot of ego tied
up in titles like "Board of Directors", but I want everyone to
understand that in our case the board serves the members and helps the
project, rather than being some high-status secretive leadership position.

Allison