[members] preparing for elections

James E Keenan jkeen at verizon.net
Sat May 29 01:54:30 UTC 2010

On May 24, 2010, at 1:01 PM, Allison Randal wrote:

> We're coming up on the annual member's meeting, including
> nomination and election of the Parrot Foundation board of directors
> for 2010-2011.

AFAICT, this thread is the first correspondence on the parrot-members
list since our last board election/annual meeting in August 2009.
So, perhaps this would be a good time to ask questions like these:

* What are the responsibilities of members of the Parrot Foundation
board of directors?

* What has the current board done since August 2009?

* What, if anything, do we expect the 2010-11 board to do differently
from the 2009-10 board?

(I should add that I think it's fine for us to say, "We have a board
of directors because non-profit corporations are required to have a
board, and during 2009-10 we didn't expect our board members to do
much more than that.")

* Are there area of decision-making that would be the province of the
board that differ from, say, those of our semi-annual-ish online
developer summits?

Thank you very much.
kid51