[members] update on Parrot Foundation status

Will Coleda will at coleda.com
Thu Apr 18 23:18:22 UTC 2013

As a pafo member, my take on the finances that anything under $X in the
parrot coffers should just get transferred to TPF. We should probably also
be thinking about what ongoing charges the foundation is paying and if
those will need to recur under a new org.

As a member of the grants committee of TPF, I would expect that anything
that helps perl6 on parrot by improving parrot would get consideration,
which I would say is implicitly the case today.

On Thu, Apr 18, 2013 at 4:21 PM, Jonathan "Duke" Leto <jonathan at leto.net>wrote:

> Howdy,
>
> I would appreciate a few more details on this vote. Specifically:
>
> 1) How will the finances of Parrot Foundation be transitioned to The Perl
> Foundation? Will there be a "separate bucket" for Parrot funds?
> 2) Who will manage the distribution of these funds?
> 3) Will this allow Parrot developers to write TPF grants to work on Parrot?
>
> Thanks for clarifying these points,
>
> Duke
>

> On Thu, Apr 18, 2013 at 1:12 PM, Allison Randal <allison at parrot.org>wrote:

>> better
>> >
>> > Agreed (if they'll have us back).
>>
>> That's enough positive feedback that I'll make a more formal "motion"
>> for the members. If that passes, then the board can proceed to work
>> toward rejoining TPF.
>>
>> The PaFo bylaws specify 10 days notice to members for a vote, so I set
>> up a poll to close on April 30th. You should all receive an email with a
>> direct invitation to the poll. Please take the time to vote, even if you
>> choose to Abstain, so we can be sure that all members received the poll.
>>
>> Feel free to continue discussion on and off the list while the poll is
>> running.
>>
>> Allison
>>

> --
> Jonathan "Duke" Leto <jonathan at leto.net>