[members] proposed wording for SFC ballot

Allison Randal allison at parrot.org
Sat Jun 1 20:21:22 UTC 2013

On 06/01/2013 01:03 PM, Jonathan "Duke" Leto wrote:
> Howdy,
>
> This wording looks grea.
>
> It seems that we need some explanation of why parrot-members would
> want to vote one way or the other. I can help describe why we would
> want to continue to migrate to SFC. Could somebody else explain the
> benefits of staying at TPF?

Sounds good, thanks for writing up the SFC perspective. The reasons for
staying with TPF essentially boil down to:

- The SFC application process is 9 months of work by someone, and that
time might be better spent on development work or community
building/recruiting.

- At either SFC or TPF, Parrot would have a committee (drawn from the
Parrot community) responsible for managing Parrot-specific details,
while benefiting from the established larger organization to handle
broader legal/accounting details. So, SFC would provide exactly what TPF
provides, and we'd just be trading equal for equal.

I think SFC is a good organization. But, since Parrot's greatest
obstacle at the moment is available volunteer time, moving to SFC seems
like a waste of limited resources.

Allison