[members] update and next steps

Allison Randal allison at parrot.org
Fri May 23 16:47:17 UTC 2014

Hi all,

An update on status:

- We didn't manage closure by the end of 2013, but we're in good order
to complete the transfer to TPF in 2014, hopefully within the next few
months.

- Yesterday, we received clearance from the Washington state Department
of Revenue to go ahead with the closure for Parrot Foundation, which is
the biggest thing we've been waiting for.

- A draft of the charter for the Parrot Committee at TPF is up at:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/949077/tpf/parrot_committee_draft_2013_10_24.pdf

- A draft of the charter for the Parrot Fund at TPF is up at:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/949077/tpf/parrot_fund_draft_2014_05_05.txt
(This is similar to the charter for the Perl 5 Core Maintenance Fund,
but much simpler, since the plan is to have the Parrot Committee take on
responsibility for defining how any grants program would be structured.)

- A draft of the IP transfer agreement from Parrot Foundation to TPF is
up at:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/949077/tpf/parrot_to_tpf_transfer_draft_2013_10_24.pdf

Please let me know if you have any comments, changes, or concerns for
these documents. We will need an initial round of volunteers for the
Parrot Committee in the near future, so raise a hand if you're interested.

Thanks all,
Allison