[Parrot-users] make error

Paul Simon getpsimon at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 18 05:51:24 UTC 2009

Hi List,

I'm having a tough time installing parrot-1.8.0 on debian 5.0. During make I run into the following Error:

Invoking Parrot to generate runtime/parrot/include/config.fpmc --cross your fingers
./miniparrot config_lib.pasm > runtime/parrot/include/config.fpmc
./miniparrot: error while loading shared libraries: libicuuc.so.42: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
gmake: *** [runtime/parrot/include/config.fpmc] Error 127

Could somebody help guide me to a solution? Or shine some light on this error? I've never installed parrot.

Thanks,
Paul