[Parrot-users] Pike programming language

Andrew Whitworth wknight8111 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 24 12:19:50 UTC 2009

I had never heard of pike before but it looks like a very interesting
project. It also looks like something that would not be overly
complicated to implement on top of Parrot. Most (though not all)
language projects are listed on Trac:

https://trac.parrot.org/parrot/wiki/Languages

So if you don't see it in that list and you can't spot any other
obvious references, it probably doesn't exist.

I suggest you get a hold of the latest Parrot and it's compiler
toolkit, and see what kind of progress you can make. I think you'll
find it's relatively easy to get started writing up a new parser, and
you may end up with a substantial portion of the Pike language
implemented before you know it. There are plenty of resources
available if you have questions or need some help, you can always ask
here or on the #parrot IRC channel.

--Andrew Whitworth