[Parrot-users] Compiling Parrot 1.4.0

Bob Wilkinson bob at fourtheye.org
Fri Nov 27 18:14:18 UTC 2009

On Thu, Nov 26, 2009 at 10:12:24AM +0100, Alessio Giovanni Baroni wrote:
> I have downloaded parrot 1.8.0. With --optimize='-O3' doesn't compile (as
> with 1.4.0). If I pass --optimize or
> --optimize='-O0' compile! But there is a curious thing: with --optimize I
> obtain an executable's size of 77 KB and
> library's size of 12 MB. With --optimize='-O0' I obtain 42 KB and 4 MB.....

Hello Alessio

AFAIUI --optimize defaults to -O2 (it used to anyway), which seems
reasonable given the numbers you report?

> Alessio.

Bob

P.S. I presume that it is acceptable to snip replies on this mailing
list rather than sending megabytes of irrelevance :-)
--
"If you propose to speak, always ask yourself, is it true, is it necessary, is it kind?"
-- Buddha