[Parrot-users] A few questions about grammar generated by create_language.pl

Hugo Arts hugo.yoshi at gmail.com
Sun Feb 28 20:00:54 UTC 2010

On Sun, Feb 28, 2010 at 6:30 PM, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:

> The <EXPR> subrule is the entry point to the operator-precedence
> parser.  It then goes through and processes according to
> term/infix/prefix/postfix/etc.

So, if I understand correctly, <EXPR> is the entry into
operator-precedence parsing, and each operator has terms as
operand(s). Then the term rules lead back into regular top-down
parsing. So the <EXPR> rule can be roughly described as "any
combination of terms and infix/prefix/etc. operators."

> The <integer> subrule is inherited from HLL::Grammar (in nqp-rx),
> and 0o should be working.  If not, that's likely a bug.

I've tried this again to confirm, and 0o prefix is working after all.
Must have been pebkac failure on my part. Thank you for clarifying.
Are there other formats accepted by <integer>? And, is there a similar
rule for float values?

Thank you for your help Patrick, this helps a lot.
Hugo