[Parrot-users] Parrot Babysteps - a PIR tutorial for novices - works on 2.6

kjstol parrotcode at gmail.com
Thu Jul 22 08:59:32 UTC 2010

well done, keep up the good work. just browsing quickly, I noted:

http://coolnamehere.com/geekery/parrot/learn/02-variables-and-types.html

The only other rule to remember about variable names is that they may
not be reserved words. Reserved words have special meaning to Parrot,
and it will complain if you use one of them for your own nefarious
ends. The list of reserved words is delightfully small.

ISTR that this is not the case. At least, I went through great efforts
to prevent this when working on PIRC; you *can* actually declare
variables with those names, so they are not reserved. So, that means
you could write:

.local int if, goto
if if > goto goto L1
L1:

Not sure to what extent that works in IMCC. In any case, somewhere in
the mailing list there is a discussion on this, and the conclusion was
that they are not reserved words.

cheers,
kjs