[Parrot-users] Compiler tools and case insensitive grammar

Fredrik Rothamel fredrik.rothamel at bahnhof.se
Wed Sep 1 12:03:54 UTC 2010

Hi all,

I'm implementing a simple language for parrot to learn more about
compilers and have som questions about the tools.

What is the recommended starting point (on cygwin parrot 2.6.0)?
mk_language_shell.pl or create_language.pl ?

I want keywords and identifiers to be case-insensitive.
How do I implement this in the grammar file?
None of my experiments with the ignorcase modifier seems to work.
Is there a way to run "tolower" on the input string before matching or
something similar?

Best Regards,

Fredrik