[Parrot-users] Starting to Use Parrot

Jonathan Leto jonathan at leto.net
Sun Oct 24 23:04:06 UTC 2010

Howdy,

Glad to hear about your interest in Parrot!

You will probably want to look at the files in the

examples/languages/squaak

directory of the Parrot source code, which is a nice tutorial about
building a simple language on top of Parrot.

That should get you in the right direction to start asking more
detailed questions, which you can feel free to ask on parrot-users.
You can also ask more internals-based questions on the parrot-dev
mailing list.

Thanks again for your interest in Parrot! Do you have more details
about what kind of things you will be researching in your graduate
studies?

PS: there are tools int the tools/dev/ directory to create a new
language stub. Do you prefer having a Makefile-based build system
(which requires Perl) or would you prefer a pure-Parrot build system?

Duke