[Parrot-users] The Parrot Git migration is complete!

Solinski, Mark mark.solinski at sap.com
Tue Nov 9 23:40:32 UTC 2010

'Lo y'all,

I hope this is the right place to post...

In transitioning from SVN to GIT, I followed the instructions in http://parrot.org/download, namely since my machine is a Windows XP box, I installed TortoiseGit for my git client.  However, when I try to check out a local clone, I get the following response:

E:\>tgit clone git://github.com/parrot/parrot.git parrot
Cloning into parrot...
warning: templates not found C:\Program Files\TortoiseGit/templates
error: fork (async) failed: Function not implemented
fatal: fetch-pack: unable to fork off sideband demultiplexer

I had been using SVN, faithfully, for years to grab Parrot with no problems.  In sure once I get it configured, GIT will work just as well.  Does anyone else use TortoiseGit who might be able to help?  Thanks.

Regards,
Mark Solinski