[Parrot-users] [UNSURE] The Parrot Git migration is complete!

François Perrad francois.perrad at gadz.org
Wed Nov 10 23:15:27 UTC 2010

2010/11/9 Christoph Otto <christoph at mksig.org>

> Hi all,
>
> Our migration to Git as Parrot's primary VCS is complete!  You can now
> safely push to parrot/parrot on github, enjoying the benefits of a modern
> distributed version control system and the helpful features GitHub offers.
> I apologize for the bumps in the process and the lack of warning as the
> move neared.  parrot-dev and parrot-users failing over the weekend was the
> latest in a series of technical issues that had held up the migration for
> more than a week, so dukeleto and I decided that we'd push the migration
> through and notify people as best we could through other channels.  It
> worked with only a few snags which we've been cleaning up as they're
> discovered.
>
> Now that the migration is done, there are a few tasks that still need work.
> These are listed in more detail on the wiki[0], but here are a couple that
> would be useful:
>  * perform a dry run docs/release_manager_guide.pod
>  * remove or update any docs about dealing with svn

I've updated these sites :
    http://www.ohloh.net/p/parrot/enlistments (with git://
github.com/parrot/parrot.git)
    http://www.ohloh.net/p/parrot/commits
    http://www.ohloh.net/p/parrot/contributors (all contributors Id have
changed)
and
    http://cia.vc/stats/project/parrot

cia.vc could work with a Subversion repository without a script.
so, I declare https://svn.github.com/parrot/parrot as repository.
but it seems possible to work directly with Git.

François.