[Parrot-users] Parrot Developer Summit: Jan 29 2011, 2200 UTC

James E Keenan jkeen at verizon.net
Wed Jan 26 12:06:29 UTC 2011

Our next Parrot Developer Summit (PDS) will be held this weekend at 2200
UTC on January 29 2011.  That translates into the following local times
(per purl):

LAX: 1400 Sat Jan 29
NYC: 1700 Sat Jan 29
LON: 2200 Sat Jan 29
BER: 2300 Sat Jan 29
SYD: 0900 Sun Jan 30

(If any of these calculations are incorrect, 2200 UTC is what decides.)

The purpose of the PDS is to evaluate our progress since our last PDS
(Dec 05 2010) and to set roadmap and other goals for the next three
months and, where possible, the next four quarterly supported releases.

At our Dec 05 PDS we developed a list of action items listed in the
thread beginning here:
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.compilers.parrot.devel/4948
It would be great if the people named in those action items could post
to this list any remaining results on those items.

At this weekend's PDS we need to set roadmap goals and other goals.
Roadmap goals are those that the Parrot project as a whole publicly
pledges to have achieved by specified quarterly supported release dates.
(3.3: Apr 19; 3.6: Jul 19; 3.9: Oct 18; 4.0: Jan 17 2011.)  To guarantee
that achievement, roadmap goals have to have an identifiable team of
Parrot developers working on them: 2 or more developers collaborating on
the work needed to achieve the goal.  Non-roadmap goals are those which
we are trying to deliver on but for which we do not yet have
identifiable teams formed.

If you have a goal for Parrot development over the next quarter or year
-- whether or not it's a roadmap (team-supported) goal -- we strongly
encourage you to post a brief discussion of that goal on parrot-dev
*before* the PDS.  We will give priority on the agenda to items about
which there are already postings on parrot-dev.  If you have posted on
blogs about these goals, please link to those blogs in your post to
parrot-dev.  The more thorough the discussion on list before the
meeting, the more thorough the discussion at the meeting can be (and the
sooner we can get through the meeting itself).

You can raise any questions about the PDS meeting itself either by
responding to this message or by discussing it between now and 2200 UTC
Sat July 29 on #parrot.

Thank you very much.
Jim Keenan
(kid51)