[Parrot-users] VM target languages.

Bondor Sergiu kr4sus at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Mar 6 12:00:52 UTC 2011

I have a task to build a statically typed programming language.I would like to use an existing bytecode and virtual machine as the target platform of my language. The question would be wheather Parrot VM is a good choise or should I consider better the Java VirtualMachine and java bytecode, which is specifically desined for statically typed languages. From what I've read , Parrot is only well suited for dynamically typed languages, so I'm assumming that it could be possible to build my language for Parrot but it would be inneficient.