[Parrot-users] C# 4.0 on Parrot?

David nonot100 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 8 19:49:56 UTC 2011

> If you are interested in putting together a C# compiler, it would be
> an interesting project and hopefully not too hard to get started.

I'm not sure we have the same definition of "not too hard". Writing a
compiler does not seem easy to me.  Willing to read over any tutorials
/ guides you suggest, though.

The common .net library is whole different kettle of fish.  That comes
later, I suppose.  (Leaning on DotGNU/Mono?)

Like I mentioned in my other email, as an old Perl 5 programmer, I'm
aghast to find that Parrot _still_ does not have solid core PPR
support.  (a.k.a Perl/Python/Ruby)

Perhaps I am remembering wrong as it's been ~10 years, but I seem to
recall that a cross-language common VM & core library was a stated
goal for Perl 6's VM.

Has there been any recent work done to get this going?

Thanks