[Parrot-users] Installation troubles

James E Keenan jkeen at verizon.net
Tue Mar 22 12:18:52 UTC 2011

On Mar 22, 2011, at 2:38 AM, Konovalov, Vadim (Vadim)** CTR ** wrote:

>>   I believe most of our
>> developers on Windows use Strawberry Perl.
>
> I believe this is not fair assumption.
> ActivePerl is better maintained, have more frequent releases,
> easier to use etc.

I was not making any argument that Strawberry Perl is better than
ActivePerl (though I suspect many people would make that argument).

Rather, I was making an observation based on reports *in Parrot
contexts* (IRC, mailing lists, etc.) as to what *our* developers were
using on Windows.

Let's assume for the moment that ActivePerl is better than Strawberry
Perl.  Do you know how to solve the problem reported by Rob Peters?

Thank you very much.
Jim Keenan