[Parrot-users] List needs new admin

Darren Duncan darren at darrenduncan.net
Fri May 29 19:53:03 UTC 2015

If this list shuts down, will there still be archives of past messages online
like are typical of Perl community lists?  At
http://lists.parrot.org/mailman/listinfo for example?

Broadly speaking, as it seems the Parrot Foundation is effectively being merged
into the Perl foundation (asset transfer plus shutdown), do any of the
lists.parrot.org lists still serve a purpose or have they been replaced?
Regardless of whether they continue, I would like to see read-only archives
maintained somewhere public, among the Perl Foundation assets.

I am willing to take over from you as list admin for this or any other
lists.parrot.org lists, at least temporarily to buy time, at which point I would
then be the one responsible for dealing with succession.

This parrot-users is the only one I'm currently subscribed to.

Note that I have successfully fulfilled this role for the DBD-SQLite list since
its inception hosted by Shadowcat.

My main concern is that the archives are preserved, not that any of the lists
continue to be ongoing active concerns otherwise, but where the list users
actually want them to be ongoing and haven't moved to another forum.

-- Darren Duncan